Electronic Components Datasheet Search
D-436-90 Datasheet(PDF) 2 Page - PANDUIT CORP.
PANDUIT [PANDUIT CORP.]
SPECIFICATION CONTROL DRAWING
2 of 2
Print Date: 9-May-11
Ā© 2011 Tyco Electronics Corporation, a TE Connectivity Ltd. Company. All Rights Reserved.
If this document is printed it becomes uncontrolled. Check for the latest revision.
MIL Spec equivalent size and wire accomodation:
1. These parts are designed to provide immersion resistant in-line splices of 2 or 3 to 2 or 3 wires falling within
the size range listed on sheet 1, having nickel-plated conductors and insulations rated for at least 135ļ°C.
2. Parts are available only as an assembly of one of each Item #1 and Item #2.
3. Parts are to be installed per assembly procedure as outlined below.
4. Inside diameter and outside diameter of splice are to be measured in crimp area, 2.54 to 5.08mm
[0.100 to 0.200in] from ends of part. Slight burr permitted on parted surfaces.
5. Acceptance sampling shall be in accordance with Paragraph 4.6.1 of SAE AS81824.
6. Packing and packaging shall be in accordance with Section 5, Level C, of SAE AS81824.
7. This document takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
This document outlines the procedure to be followed to obtain immersion resistant multiple wire butt
splices using Multi-Wire In-Line Splice Sealing system D-436-88/-90.
Pass the wires to be attached to one barrel through the separate multi-wire seal (3). Pass the wires to be
attached to the other barrel through the sealing sleeve from the three hole insert end.
Strip wires 5/16ā to 11/32ā and crimp into splice using a Raychem AD-1377 crimp tool. Care must be
taken so that the wires remain untwisted between the splice and the separate multi-wire seal (3) or the
sealing sleeve cannot be positioned properly.
Position the separate multi-wire seal (3) as close as possible to the splice. Hold this piece in position by
squeezing the wires directly behind it, and slide the sealing sleeve over the assembly so that the
separate multi-wire seal (3) is as far inside the sleeve as possible.
Apply heat, using the recommended heat source, first to the separate multi-wire seal end, and then to
the other. Heat should be applied until insert melts and flows axially along the wire.
RECOMMENDED RAYCHEM HEATING TOOLS
Heat Gun CV-1981
7.5 - 8
8 - 9
Unless otherwise specified, dimensions are in millimeters. [Inches dimensions are shown in rackets]
26 - 20
20 - 16
16 - 12
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights ReservedĀ©
2003 - 2017
|   Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Russian :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Portuguese :
| Polish :